Located at the heart of Scotland’s capital city, Edinburgh Theological Seminary (formerly the Free Church of Scotland College) is a provider of theological education to undergraduate and postgraduate degree levels. We are currently considering the appointment of a Course Organiser/Lecturer in Church History with a particular Scottish and Presbyterian focus.
- Provide or supervise the teaching of Church History (General and Scottish) at undergraduate level for the Bachelor of Theology course, together with all associated assessment processes.
- Provide postgraduate supervision for the Master of Theology in Scottish Church History and Theology (by Taught Courses)
- Provide postgraduate supervision for Master of Theology (by Research)
In addition to these responsibilities, the successful candidate will contribute to the pastoral care of students and assist in the overall management of the seminary as a member of the leadership team.
The term of appointment is 5 years.
The successful candidate should:
- Be educated to PhD level, and have a proven knowledge of Scottish Church History and Theology.
- Have a proven record within a Theological academic environment.
- Be in full sympathy with the ethos and Confessional Position of the Free Church of Scotland.
- Be an ordained office bearer in an evangelical, reformed Church, under their active discipline.
- Be a good written and oral communicator.
- Work well in a team.
Or write to Edinburgh Theological Seminary, 15 The Mound, Edinburgh EH1 2LS, UK.
Please include a full CV.
There is an Occupational Requirement under the Equality Act 2010 for the post holder to demonstrate a firm Christian commitment.