Is it possible to do the ISP with a distance learning option?
Yes. However, there are several points to bear in mind:
- All distance learning students are expected to be present orally and visually during each lecture hour.
- Each semester, all distance learning students are expected to attend four study days at ETS where possible.
- All distance learning students are expected to attend examinations at ETS where at all possible
- The distance learning option is available to a limited number of students
In what situation might it be preferable to do the ISP programme by distance learning?
- Part-time Study. While a number of students can attend ETS to do the individual Study Programme because they live near at hand, it is somewhat harder for those students who are engaged in part-time study at a distance. For such part-time students who are some distance away, the ISP with a distance learning option offers a lot of possibilities.
- Financial Constraints. Students who are unable to move to the Central Belt for family or financial reasons may find the ISP with a distance learning option a significant help.
- Illness or Disability. In the event of personal or family illness, or prolonged disability, which might prevent attendance at ETS, a distance learning option opens the door to theological education which might otherwise have remained shut.
Back to Individual Study Programme