Access to Theology
ETS is delighted to offer a one year, online, part-time course which provides an accessible and wide-ranging introduction to the essential foundations of a theological education.
With no formal entry requirements, this online course is designed for the following kinds of people:
- Individuals from a variety of backgrounds who are seeking their first exposure to the world of theological education.
- Christians who would like to intellectually equip themselves for service in local and international church organisations.
- Prospective students who wish to gain a relevant entrance qualification to pursue further studies.
Through the Access to Theology Course, students are encouraged to foster:
- A mind engaged with the truth of the Bible.
- A heart enlarged with love for God and people.
- A growing passion for the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- A life consecrated to Christian service.
This programme is delivered online on Tuesday evenings, 6.30pm – 8.30pm, September – April.
The following areas covered by this course:
- Old Testament
- New Testament
- Systematic Theology
- Church History
- Practical Theology
This programme is taught exclusively through Distance Learning.
See Distance Learning FAQ for more information on Distance Learning at ETS.
Watch the video above, where Dr Bob Akroyd and Access to Theology graduate Darren Graham explain to prospective students what the Access to Theology course involves.
There are no entry requirements for the Access to Theology Course. The course does not assume prior knowledge or previous study.
Students should wish to grow in their understanding of God and his word and in their service for God and his people.
On successful completion of the course, all students will be awarded a Completion of Studies certificate at the Seminary’s Annual Awards Ceremony in May.
Mound Books is the official book supplier for all our ETS reading lists.
Each book has been heavily discounted and postage is free to any UK address on orders over £15. When ordering through the website, shipping costs for Europe and the rest of the world will appear automatically at the checkout.
We will be accepting applications from June 2023 for September 2023 entry .