This is a degree programme validated by the University of Glasgow.
It is designed to provide vocational training for those preparing for the pastoral ministry and other forms of full-time Christian service (including teaching Religion in schools). It also provides a good foundation for post-graduate theological study and a career in theological education.
Fuller detail may be found in the Bachelor of Theology Course Contents
Check out this video, where ETS Principal Iver Martin and BTh graduate Andy Roberston explain to prospective students what the Bachelor of Theology programme involves.
Interested in the Bachelor of Theology with Greek and Hebrew?
Check out this video where Thomas Davis, a recent graduate at ETS, encourages the study of the Biblical languages.
This programme may also be taken with a Distance Learning options.
For more information, see Bachelor of Theology with Distance Learning.
See Distance Learning FAQ for more information on Distance Learning at ETS.
Typically, holders of the degree will be able to:
- engage in competent exegesis and exposition of the Christian scriptures
- demonstrate a professional knowledge of Christian belief and of the history of Christian thought
- evaluate differing theological and religious positions
- identify and analyse issues and problems in current biblical, theological and religious scholarship
- articulate and defend personal theological beliefs
- communicate the Christian faith effectively
- provide basic pastoral care
Undergraduate Admissions Policy
The Undergraduate Admissions Policy can be found here.
Bachelor of Theology Application Form
The relevant Application Form is found here.
Bachelor of Theology Course Fees
For course fees see here.
For more information:
Click here to read this institution's latest review report.